Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Update on the great-granny squares

I take this little bag with me to work every day and have now crocheted black edges on 36 of the squares in my care, leaving only 15! But I'm afraid that we counted just under a hundred, so there's still a few left and I don't think my mother has had much time to work on the ones she's got.

Many of the squares have some great color combinations, really fresh and sometimes a bit daring for an old lady, I think. So I guess conservative isn't an adjective that would suit my great-granny - luckily!

The other day, I figured out a nice little trick to keep track of all the squares - I just strung them all on a piece of yarn and tied the ends together. Very simple, yet very effective. And maybe it's a widely used trick and you're all thinking 'I always do that!' - yeah, well, now I'm in on it, too ;)

I'm sorry that some of my pictures come out a bit blurry or too bright sometimes - I'm still fine-tuning my photography skills with the help of a lovely little book called 'The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography', which I bought here. There are many things that I've been doing wrong for years, I'm afraid, but I'm working on them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment